National Emergency Drill – 24 February 2014
On Monday 24 February 2014, the Home Front Command will carry out a nationwide emergency drill in Israel.
The Home Front Command (פיקוד העורף / Pikud HaOref) will sound sirens nationwide in order to drill emergency preparedness with the Ministry of Education (משרד החינוך / Misrad HaChinuch) schools.
- What: Nationwide emergency preparedness drill
- When: 24 February 2014 at 10:05
- Where: Nationwide except for Sderot, Ibim, Gevim, and Nir Am
- What Will Happen:
- A siren will go off for 90 seconds in most of the country.
- There will be announcements on many radio and TV stations as well as news websites.
- An hour before the siren at 9:05, phones that are equipped with the emergency messaging service will receive an announcement about the upcoming drill.
For any questions, contact the Home Front Command at 104.
Remember to tell your kids, and stay safe!