On Monday 27 May 2013, the Home Front Command will carry out a nationwide emergency drill.
From Sunday 26 May 2013 through Wednesday 29 May 2013, the Home Front Command (פיקוד העורף / Pikud HaOref) will be carrying out emergency preparedness drills as part of Turning Point 7 (נקודת מפנה 7). All citizens are asked to participate in the drill next Monday as depicted in the short commercial below.
- What: Nationwide emergency preparedness drill
- When: 27 May 2013 at 12:30 and 19:05
- Where: Nationwide
- What will happen:
- Everyone will hear the siren, and there will be announcements on television and radio. A “Personal Message” (מסר אישי / messer ishi) will be sent to all those with cellphones that are capable of receiving them and cellphone providers that participate in the program.
- Citizens are asked to proceed to where they seek shelter during a siren.
- You are asked to stay in place for 10 minutes.