Radio stations in each region will be running silent broadcasts that will only be interrupted in case of a siren over Shabbat.
Silent broadcasts / גל שקט
While most of us can hopefully hear sirens quite clearly, others may have difficulty in their area, especially when asleep. A number of radio stations will be running silent broadcasts (גל שקט / gal shaket) over Shabbat. This means that there will be no talk or music over Shabbat, and silence will only be broken if there is a siren.
Radio stations broadcasting over Shabbat (11 – 12 July 2014)
During this Shabbat of Operation Protective Edge (צוק איתן / Eitan Tzuk), the following stations in each region will be operating silent broadcasts.
More articles to keep you informed in these trying times include:
- What to Do During a Siren
- The Complete Guide to Israeli Media – stay informed using streaming TV, radio, and online media
- Closest public shelter smartphone app for southern residents
- Home Front Command siren warning regions – if you are relying on TV for your warning of a siren, know your warning region
- Do not post the location of fallen rockets!