Home Front Command siren warning regions
While sirens are sounding and rockets falling in Israel, the Home Front Command asks that you know the “warning” region where you are.
Israeli media outlets are broadcasting a place name and number (אזור התרעה / ezor hatra’ah) when sirens are being sounded due to incoming rocket fire. The Home Front Command (פיקוד העורף / Pikud HaOref) recommends that all residents and visitors in Israel familiarize themselves with which area they are in and how much time they have to seek shelter.
Why do I need to know my warning region?
You should always be able to hear a siren. However, if you are relying on Israeli TV as part of your warning system, a region name and code will flash across the screen. For example, if a siren goes off in Modiin, שפלה 181 will appear on the screen, not מודיעין.
How do I find my warning region?
There are two ways to find your area:
- Type in the name of your location in Hebrew or in English on the Home Front Command’s website.
- The list for each area is below. You may search for your area using the search function in your browser (usually by pressing the CTRL and F keys).
More articles to keep you informed in these trying times include:
- What to Do During a Siren
- The Complete Guide to Israeli Media – stay informed using streaming TV, radio, and online media
- Closest public shelter smartphone app for southern residents
- Do not post the location of fallen rockets!