Beginning in the 2013-4 school year, school is extended until 21 July for 1st and 2nd grade. K to 5th grade will be included in the future.
Under the banner “בתי ספר של החופש הגדול”, the school year is being extended by three weeks until 21.07. The shortening of the summer break for elementary school students will be in stages. In addition, it doesn’t seem that it will be merely an extension of your child’s usual school experience but a different program. Lastly, for many of us, there will be a cost. The details are…
- Do you have to participate? The program is optional (and parents may be able to choose which weeks to send their children).
- Participating grades
- 2013 – 2014 (תשע”ד): first and second grade (כיתות א’ ו-ב’ש); third, fourth, and fifth grades (כיתות ג’, ד’ ו-ה’ש) from the “geographical and social periphery”
- 2014 – 2015 (תשע”ה): third and fourth grade (כיתות ג’ ו-ד’ש)
- 2015 – 2016 (תשע”ו): fifth grade and kindergarten (כיתה ו’ וגן חובה)
- Days of operation: Sunday through Thursday
- Hours of operation: 08:00 – 13:00
- Average number of students per group: 28
- Staff: Teachers, student-teachers, and professional
- Content: The days will be spent on experiential learning, sports, environmental education, reading clubs, and creative writing workshops.
- Cost is determined by the socio-economic classification of the place you live. Each local authority is ranked according to a socio-economic index and assigned to a cluster (אשכול / eshkol).
- Cluster 1 - 4: free
- Cluster 5 – 7: 300 NIS
- Cluster 8 – 10: 450 NIS
Wishing your child a fruitful summer experience!